What is included in this support package?
|Support Package Features||Basic Support||Premium Support|
|1. Complete installation assistance for Room Manager solution with clients SP Global Administrator||Yes||Yes|
|2. Direct communication via MS Teams with technical SPOC (SharePoint Admin)||Yes||Yes|
|3. Severity 1 & 2 initial response goals (business hours)||48 hours||24 hours|
|4 Access to patch releases and bug fixes||Yes||Yes|
|5. Remote access as SharePoint Admin on the Client’s Microsoft 365 tenant, and as Power Platform Admin Role||Yes||Yes|
|6. Implmentation and configuration of the Room Manager Solution on the clients Microsoft 365 tenant. Including PowerPlatform (please check Explained in Detail Section)||Yes||Yes|
|7. Access to Training Video Library||included||Included|
|8. Configuration of Room Manager products for specific business use cases (change requests)||Not included||Partially available depending|
on the change request
|9. Debugging or inspecting non-ROOM MANAGER solutions, apps, and web parts with user-written code||Not included||Not included|
|10. Backup and Restore of Room Manager site||Not included||Not included|
|11. System/SharePoint/Microsoft 365 administration unrelated to the Room Manager solution||Not included||Not included|
|12. Support of Room Manager Solution on non-standard or in-system environments||Not included||Not included|
|13. Video calls with Skype, MS Teams, or other video conferencing tools||E-Mail only||Contact via email or phone|
|14. Non-business-critical issues (small bugs not impacting main functionality)||Not included||Partially Included, depending|
on the issue
|15. Change requests not available in OOTB version of Room Manager (custom coding, flows, branding, layout, Power Platform)||Not included||Partially Included, depending|
on the change request
|16. Mandatory support for all clients||Yes||Yes|
Explained in Detail:
1. Complete installation assistance for the Room Manager solution ensures customers receive full support during the setup process, from step-by-step guidance to initial configuration, across both Basic and Premium Support packages
2. Direct communication via MS Teams with a technical Single Point of Contact (SPOC) means that clients are provided with the ability to directly engage in conversations with a designated technical expert through Microsoft Teams. This facilitates a clear and consistent line of communication for resolving any issues or answering queries related to the Room Manager solution, ensuring personalized and efficient support.
3. The “Severity 1 & 2 initial response goals (business hours)” refers to the commitment made by the support team to respond to critical issues within a specified timeframe during regular business hours. For high-priority (Severity 1) and high-impact (Severity 2) problems, the Basic Support promises a response within 48 hours, while the Premium Support aims to respond within 24 hours. This ensures that urgent matters are addressed promptly, minimizing downtime and potential disruption to the client’s operations.
4. “Access to patch releases and bug fixes” ensures that clients receive updates and corrections for the Room Manager software as they become available. This access is crucial for maintaining the software’s performance, security, and compatibility. It allows clients to download and install the latest patches that resolve known issues and apply improvements to the system, keeping their Room Manager solution up-to-date and running smoothly. Both Basic and Premium Support packages include this feature, providing continuous software enhancement and protection against vulnerabilities.
5. “Remote access as SharePoint Admin on the Client’s Microsoft 365 tenant, and as Power Platform Admin Role” specifies a condition in which the client is required to grant ACAR personnel administrative access remotely to their Microsoft 365 tenant, with specific administrative privileges for SharePoint and the Power Platform. This access is crucial for ACAR to perform necessary configurations, maintenance, and support tasks directly within the client’s environment.
If such access is not available or cannot be provided by the client to ACAR, then subscribing to Premium Support becomes mandatory. This mandate ensures that ACAR can still deliver the necessary level of support and service without direct admin access. Premium Support likely involves alternative means of managing and troubleshooting the Room Manager solution, possibly through more intensive guidance and support provided to the client’s in-house team, or using tools and methods that do not require such elevated access privileges.
Without the necessary remote access, ACAR might be unable to address complex issues promptly, which could lead to longer resolution times and potential service interruptions for the client. Opting to maintain the Basic Support Plan requires granting ACAR remote access rights as an SP Admin and Power Platform Role. You have the option to create a temporary internal admin account for this purpose.
6. “Implementation and configuration of the Room Manager Solution, including PowerPlatform, on the client’s Microsoft 365 tenant, are services provided for setting up and tailoring the Room Manager to work seamlessly with the client’s existing infrastructure. This typically includes initial setup, integration with PowerPlatform apps, and ensuring compatibility and optimal functionality within the Microsoft 365 environment.”
7. “Access to Training Video Library” provides clients with a wealth of educational content to help them utilize the Room Manager software effectively. This library includes a variety of training videos, which are likely hosted on the Room Manager’s YouTube channel or a similar platform, offering tutorials, best practices, and tips for users of all levels. This resource is designed to enhance the user’s understanding and skills, enabling them to leverage all the features and functionalities of the Room Manager solution fully. Both the Basic and Premium Support packages grant clients this valuable access, supporting continuous learning and proficiency in the software’s use.
8. “Configuration of Room Manager for specific use cases” in the context of Premium Support means that clients can request custom configurations of the Room Manager solution to meet their particular needs. If the requested changes are feasible with the out-of-the-box (OOTB) functions available in SharePoint Online, these adjustments can be made without additional costs. However, if the customizations require coding or other advanced modifications, the service will be provided on a time and material basis, meaning clients will be charged based on the amount of work and resources used to implement these changes. This tailored configuration ensures that the Room Manager can adapt to a wide range of scenarios, providing flexible and personalized functionality to the clients.
9. “Debugging/inspecting non-ROOM MANAGER solutions” indicates that the service does not cover troubleshooting or examining software or applications that are not part of the Room Manager suite. Whether a client is using Basic or Premium Support, if issues arise from external solutions or custom code that integrates with Room Manager, these challenges fall outside the scope of the support package. Clients would need to seek assistance directly from the providers or developers of those external solutions or handle the debugging themselves. This clarification sets the boundaries of support responsibility, ensuring clients understand the limits of service regarding non-Room Manager components.
10. “Backup and Restore of Room Manager site” refers to the services involved in safeguarding the data within the Room Manager application by creating backups that can be used to restore the system in the event of data loss, corruption, or other disasters. Under the Basic Support package, this service is not included, meaning clients are responsible for managing their own backups and restoration processes. However, with Premium Support, clients receive the additional benefit of expert assistance for these tasks, although it’s not an automated part of the service. This expert assistance means that if a client needs to back up or restore their Room Manager site, experts from the support team will guide them through the process or provide help based on the specifics of the situation, potentially saving time and reducing the risk of errors.
11. “System/SharePoint/Microsoft 365 administration unrelated to Room Manager” clarifies that administrative tasks and support for the broader systems, such as overall SharePoint or Microsoft 365 administration that are not directly associated with the Room Manager software, are not included in either the Basic or Premium Support packages. This means that while clients can receive comprehensive support for issues and tasks directly related to Room Manager, they will need to manage or seek separate support for general system administration tasks, such as managing user permissions, overall site collection maintenance, or non-Room Manager related SharePoint or Microsoft 365 functionalities.
12. “Support of Room Manager Solution in non-standard environments” means that the service does not cover assistance with the Room Manager software when it is used in computing environments that deviate from the prescribed or supported configurations by the service provider. These non-standard environments could include, for example, unsupported operating systems, unconventional hardware setups, or custom configurations that have not been explicitly approved by the Room Manager team. Both Basic and Premium Support packages exclude this type of support, implying that clients operating in such environments would need to rely on their internal IT resources or seek specialized assistance elsewhere to address issues that may arise due to these non-standard setups.
13. “Video calls with Skype, MS Teams, or other video conferencing tools” as a support feature indicates the methods through which clients can communicate with the support team. Under Basic Support, this communication is limited to email only, meaning clients cannot have real-time video interactions with support staff. However, with Premium Support, the service expands to include contact via email or phone as needed, which implies that in addition to email, clients can engage in direct, real-time conversations with support staff through video calls using platforms like Skype and MS Teams. This offers a more immediate and personal way to troubleshoot issues, discuss support queries, and receive guidance.
14. “Non-business-critical issues (small bugs)” refers to the handling of minor software problems that do not significantly impact the core functionality or operations of the Room Manager solution. In the Basic Support package, these types of issues are not included, indicating that the support for such minor bugs is not provided. On the other hand, the Premium Support package includes partial support for these small bugs, suggesting that while these less critical issues may not be prioritized as highly as severe ones, there is still some level of assistance available to address and resolve them. This partial inclusion helps ensure that even minor nuisances are eventually dealt with, contributing to a smoother overall user experience.
15. “Change requests not in OOTB (Out-Of-The-Box) version of Room Manager” addresses the support provided for modifications or customizations that clients wish to implement which are not available in the standard version of Room Manager. For Basic Support, these kinds of change requests are not included, meaning clients would not receive assistance for changes that require additional customization or development. In contrast, Premium Support offers partial inclusion of such services, depending on the nature of the change request. If the changes are feasible using the existing OOTB functionalities in SharePoint Online, they can be made without additional costs. However, if the change requests require new coding or significant alterations outside the scope of the OOTB features, these will be handled on a time and material basis, with clients incurring extra costs based on the complexity and resources required for implementation.
16. “Mandatory support contract for all clients” establishes that every user of the Room Manager software must have a support contract, as stipulated by ACAR’s terms and conditions. This ensures consistent support quality across all client engagements, ensuring access to essential services and support for any arising issues with the software.