Kent District Library
Room Manager for Office 365
Conference Room Displays
WordPress Plugin (synchronizes all events with the KDL WordPress Site, for public access)
Outside Organization Rents Our Meeting Rooms at the Service & Meeting Center
- These are businesses who are not affiliated with KDL (e.g. Non-Profits and For-Profits alike)
- They are willing to pay for the room usage which may or may not include equipment and food (for a fee as well)
- Some of these businesses like our room so well that they have become a repeat renter
- Most of the time, we don’t know of them until they call Missy to inquire about our availability
Our desire is to:
- Present a calendar view showing which rooms are available WITHOUT showing any details about who is using the rooms. Just block off the appropriate days/times that are currently booked. Represented as Busy would be fine.
- WordPress Integration WP Integrate Calendar and synchronize with the ROOM MANAGER calendar
- Allow these potential renters to submit a calendar “request” to book a room. This calendar request will come from the potential renter via “whatever” calendaring program they are using to us as a meeting request. (Very similar to how businesses act / interact with each other for Sales Meetings, QA Meetings, or Project Meetings.
- These meeting request will NOT be “automatically” accepted, but handled by a defined DELEGATE who will review the information requested
- Our Delegate will have the option of
- Confirming the meeting or
- Denying the meeting for any number of reasons, or
- Contacting the Potential Renter to get some clarity / explain the next steps / thank them for their Rental, etc.
- Assuming that the Meeting is Confirmed, then the schedule that is visible to the outside world is updated to reflect the new Rental as BUSY
- Lastly, but very important, ALL of these rooms at the Service & Meeting Center are shared or available for KDL Staff to use.
- This means that the same Conference Room Name must be searchable in Office 365 and reflect not only the “internal” but also the “external” users on the Calendar availability.
Room Manager for Office 365 was installed on the KDL tenant successfully
Customizations needed for the booking form were set, after the specifications were defined
The WordPress Site, accessible publicly uses a Plugin which can synchronize the Room Manager Events for meeting room reservations
The Outlook Add-In of Room Manager was successfully installed. KDL uses the Outlook for the Web in O365
End-users can use the add-in to make a reservation of rooms and catering with equipment from the Office Add-In
Conference Room Displays with KDL branding were setup
A special requirement was that the Event Calendar for bookings is accessible by public users. they had no access to the Room Manager Site, so we needed a WordPress Plugin, that synchronizes all events to the WORDPRESS site.